Winners of EPSCoR funds announced
Twelve science, technology, engineering and math projects will be funded this year in South Dakota as part of a new round of EPSCoR grants.
School districts and other educational organizations across the state will receive a total of $200,000 to enhance, expand and develop new opportunities in those areas.
Funding for the Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research, or EPSCoR, grants is provided through the National Science Foundation. Projects range from dual-credit opportunities in the information technology field and robotics to cutting-edge courses in pre-engineering and biosciences.
Applicants were encouraged to collaborate by combining resources to provide secondary career and technical education opportunities in regional, multi-center or cooperative approaches. The Department of Education received 19 applications to fund projects.
EPSCoR funds were awarded to the following:
• Brookings School District
• Canton School District
• East Dakota Educational Cooperative
• Harding County School District
• Lake Area Multi District
• Mitchell School District
• Rapid City School District
• Sioux Falls School District – Gateway Camps
• Sioux Falls School District – Information Technology program
• Sioux Falls School District – Project Lead The Way Teacher Training
• Sioux Falls School District – VEX Competition
• Sisseton School District