State Teacher of the Year award to be presented next month
In less than a monthís time, South Dakota will have a new Teacher of the Year. The state Teacher of the Year will be announced during a special recognition banquet on Thursday evening, Oct. 11, as part of the annual Systems Change Conference, which is being held in Chamberlain.
This yearís winner will be selected from five regional finalists and will receive:
• A SMARTER Kids Foundation Technology Package
valued at more than $11,000
• A $1,500 cash award from the South Dakota Community Foundation
• A $1,500 cash award from Citibank
• A $1,000 honorarium from the South Dakota Board of Regents
• A $200 Discover Gift Card from the South Dakota Retailersí Association
• A South Dakota Education Association Apple Award
To meet this yearís Teacher of the Year candidates, go to doe.sd.gov and click on the departmentís YouTube button.